I am a freelance web developer, graphic designer and photographer, with over 15 years' professional experience. Since graduating from Cambridge University with an MA in Natural Sciences, I was based in Cambridge (UK), gaining ten years' professional experience in consultancy, development, project- and product-management; and am now based between London, UK, and Vancouver, Canada. I have been working full-time as a freelancer since April 2008.
Download a copy of my CV
Notable projects include:
- Library House
- Product manager for corporate & events websites, and web-based company data products.
- Responsible for complete re-development of corporate website during re-brand.
- Identified requirements, wrote detailed specifications, and managed projects through development, testing and roll-out.
- Managed internal stakeholders and team of developers, handled external customers and design agencies
- Offered long-term vision for product features, based on customer and industry needs - adding new functionality, and re-structuring existing features.
- Performed detailed analysis of customers, product-use and -performance metrics.
- Improved testing & release processes to ensure highest quality of shipped products.
- Led specification & design of user-interfaces throughout core products & VentureNavigator.
- Maintained technical and business relationships with information partners, deploying server- and desktop-based visualisation technology.
- Managed deployment process from initial requirement gathering, analysis of data structure and content, and prototype development, through to providing consultancy, support and training for client-led deployment.
- Product-managed an innovative mapping web application for analysis and reporting; including requirements gathering, specification, design and development.
- Project-managed internal development for software plug-ins.
- Identified new markets and potential customers; researched and advised on selection of information partners.
- Demonstrated product bilingually at international conferences and trade shows, and visited prospective customers in technical pre-sales role.
- Worked with Marketing Manager to update and maintain corporate websites.
- Technical skills learned & used - HTML, JS, XML, XSL, IIS, C#, VS.NET2003, VB6, PHP.
- Fluency Voice Technology
- Managed a project for a large US client; from winning the contract with a demonstration system, to deploying and supporting the full application.
- Saved the company £10,000 a year by redeveloping the corporate website with a new design, taking control of web hosting and content management.
- Developed Java voice applications within a project team, gaining knowledge of dialogue design, development, testing, configuration, deployment, and reporting.
- Created a company Intranet and Knowledge Base, allowing non-technical staff to easily add knowledge and update existing information.
- Designed and produced extensive company literature and marketing materials for web and print use.
- Developed an innovative and customisable reporting tool, which has become the standard reporting tool for monitoring application performance.
- Played key role in company's flagship project, communicating with clients daily, successfully handling several crises, and presenting reports to client management.